A History: What we have done: Pam Winters
We have done a great deal for the city. We have been in existence for three years and on Cambridge Growth Management Advisory Committee (CGMAC) two years. We worked on the Pitkin petition three years ago for nine months. Major highlights include
- Backyard petition.
- Cambridge Growth Management Advisory Committee (CGMAC).
- Citywide Project Review (CPR).
- Developed three-ring resource guide.
- Education process.
- Floor Area Ratio (FAR).
- Growth Management Forum in 1999.
- Height limit (120' where there was no limit).
- Hot spots forum in 1997.
- Interim Planning Overlay Petition (IPOP) project review.
- Public notice of hearings on variance and special permits.
- Support the People and Neighborhoods of Cambridge (SPAN) petition.
- Three newspaper inserts.
- Transition zones Agassiz, Harvard University, and Riverside.
- Two CRGM members on the planning board.
The key has been energy and keeping an objective in view. Growth management issues were the number one issues in the last election and they were not before out work. Each action increased the growth management consciousness of the city. Hugh Russell's expert contribution provided instant credibility.